Dollar a Dozen Charitable Foundation
501(c) 3 Non-Profit organization
Federal I.D Number: 27-3170385
My name is Brendon Ghaderi and I made the Dollar a Dozen Foundation. I was not always so proactive when it came
to giving mainly because I did not know what it really meant to give. However, before my 16th birthday I discovered the truth. As I was searching to
find a non-profit organization that I could help, I was shown what really goes on outside my little world I call Westlake Village. I could not accept the fact that people
in the world were dying everyday for a simple vaccination that would cost no more than a dollar, the fact that children were starving while
others were too busy buying the most recent Apple technology, or the fact that orphaned infants can be helped if only someone would simply
give a little more to Every Child's Dream Foundation. A Dollar can save a life. These incredible facts were my inspiration in creating the
Dollar a Dozen Foundation. I want to help show the world exactly what one person and one dollar are capable of.
However, I could not decide on which charity needed the funds more. Out of this conundrum, I decided to help all non-profit organizations.
To accomplish this goal, I set the breakdown: $1 for 12 charities. Perfect, and out of this ratio I came up with the name
Dollar a Dozen.
In our first fundraiser, we raised $14,523. That breaks down to $1210.25 to each charity.
Here are some of the miracles that resulted from your donations:
- Operation Smile - 5 surgeries for children with cleft lips
- The Rescue Mission Alliance - Served 590 meals to the homeless and poor
- Doctors Without Borders - Provided vaccinations for 1210 people against meningitis, measles, polio or other deadly epidemics
- Casa Pacifica - Provided care for one child for one month
- Every Child's Dream Foundation - Provided 500 care packages for orphans worldwide
- The Wellness Community Valley/Ventura - 34 participants can go to weekly support groups for a month
- Senior Concerns - Provided 120 days worth of meals for their Meals on Wheels Program
- The Las Virgenes Educational Foundation - 4-8 students now have fully paid summer school tuition
- Homeboy Industries - 44 new trainees received their uniform t-shirts. They can now begin changing their lives through work
- Project Hope School Foundation - Funded one educational field trip for the entire school
Thank you and best wishes,